Baseball’s Civil War continues as the players and owners miss another deadline and lose more scheduled games. The Commanders traded for QB Carson Wentz, Tiger Woods was formally inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame, and Kentucky big man Oscar Tshiebwe was named Sporting News college basketball Player of the Year.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Thursday, March 10, 2022:
- MLB: Another week of regular season games canceled in latest row in CBA talks
- NFL: Colts trade Carson Wentz to Washington
- NBA: Knicks win in Dallas (again), Houston Rockets goes off in OT against Lakers
- NBA: Suns beat Miami to reach playoffs, Jokic and Morris combine in Nuggets win
- NCAAB: The Sporting News names College Basketball Player of the Year, Buddy Boeheim suspended for Syracuse after punch
- GOLF: Tiger Woods inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame
- SOCCER: New England wins in CONCACAF Champions League, PSG President storms referee’s room after side knocked out by Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League